Thursday, January 5, 2012

A brand new year, same ol' story

Yep, another new year is upon us. Of course the biggest news is all the things that happened last year. It never ceases to amaze me how this happens each year. All of the news organizations are guilty of it. Each one tries to top the other one with the biggest stories of 2011. My question is, who are they doing this for? Did everyone suddenly have short term memory loss? It all took place within the last year people, how hard is that to remember?

I suppose if there were any big news item they would cover that, but in all honesty I think they would be disappointed if they didn't get to do their year end review of the previous year's events. And I don't really think nostalgia has a lot to do with it either, I just think they enjoy reliving their glory days of the previous year.

The difference is we are forced to relive them too. Some good moments I'm sure, but some we would rather forget. Thank goodness we have more choices these days and do not have to watch the broadcast media.

Online news sources aren't that different though as they usually do the same thing. I suppose we are just destined to live in the past no matter what...

No comments:

Post a Comment