Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gonna buy me a Dropcam!

Yep, I'm getting tired of missing people who come to my door and knock or even ring the bell, and I don't hear them back in my room with the door closed. This little gadget should be perfect for letting me know when someone is outside as it can display video via wifi to the computer back in my room.

I saw the Dropcam in action while watching the CES coverage on TWiT TV and it should work rather well for this purpose, I hope. I plan to sit it in my front window, angled towards the driveway. In addition to the video, I will be able to hear the audio of someone knocking on my door as well.

At $149 it's a little expensive to use for this purpose, so I may do a little research to see if I can find a cheaper alternative. If you have a better idea, leave a comment below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment