Monday, October 24, 2016

Well now, can it be true? Am I really composing another post in the blog? Well, it looks like it. Since I've been so busy with YouTube, I have really neglected this blog totally. I can't promise I will post on a regular basis here, but today I was in the mood to do just that. So what all have I been up to for the one year plus that I have not posted here?

A good question. I think mostly it's been YouTube, but I have worked on several electronics projects in that time period as well. I've gotten several items from eBay as well as other places and of course visiting family and friends, all of which does take some time.

It's probably been as long since I've worked on my Buick as well. Poor thing has been sitting without being started for about a year now. I did try to start it this spring, but when it would not start in the normal amount of time if usually does, I just left it be and went on to something else. No doubt a gas problem, but it seems every time it sits for a few months it has a gas problem. Either the pump won't pump it up from the gas tank or it's not strong enough to get up to the carb. I have no doubt if I put gas in the carb it would probably start.

I also had ambitious plans to sand the top and start the painting process on that, but it was just so much easier to sit here and my chair and ignore it. I'm getting to the point now that I need to either do something to it, or consider selling it. No sense in letter it just rot away out there.

On the arthritis front a lot has happened. I did see a Rheumatologist as mentioned in my last post, and he did prescribe something to relieve the attacks I was having. He was unclear on the exact problem, but from what I gathered it was mostly gout attacks and for the time being that much has been resolved, I still struggle with my bad knees, but at least I can walk now which is a great improvement to be sure.

The problem is now that I was supposed to see him this spring but got a call that he had a family emergency and had to cancel my appointment. It was rescheduled to a later date and I got the confirmation call the day before, but when I drove all the way up there and showed up about 15 minutes early, the receptionist put a note on the locked door saying all appointments were cancelled for the day.

That was the last contact I have had with his office. No one ever called or contacted me in any way. So now I will ask my regular doctor to recommend another Rheumatologist to see. Hopefully one a little closer this time. Took over an hour to drive up to Indianapolis to the old doctor. I am only taking those pills one every three days as that seems to keep the attacks from happening and also serves to make them last a little longer, so I'm sure it will all work out


I've moved my electronics workbench to the kitchen since last we spoke, My granddaughter Jordan moved in with her baby (Lainee) and stayed for quite some time. Then she moved out and my grandson Billy moved in and he is still with me. So the extra bedroom has been occupied with no sign of that changing for awhile. No matter, I like it just as well where it's at now and I'm getting ready to add yet another set of shelves on this end to accommodate some of my new test equipment. Stay tuned for that!


I won't go into all the other things that are new, you can check my YouTube channel here to go there and see what all I've bought in the last year and a half. Suffice to say there have been a lot of new (to me) things show up here over that time period. I bought a bunch of new stuff for my repair bench as well as some fun things too!

I guess that's about all I have for this time around. Hopefully I will be more faithful in updating things in the future, but I won't promise anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment