Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Night - 2016

Ah yes, voting in the presidential election has come and gone. Who will lead this great land next? No idea. I really have had no interest this year at all. Seems everyone and their brother has had an opinion on YouTube and Facebook. I'm sure Twitter was the same, but I hardly check that these days.

Obviously I know who is running and who my preference is, but the truth is I don't really care what the outcome is, I just want it to be over! At the time I am writing this (9:47 PM), this is what's happening:
These early results probably don't mean anything, but it is difficult not to notice a trend which follows the last election with the red states in the heartland and blue ones mostly on the coasts and big cities.

I've always been a firm believer that who is president really doesn't matter all that much to the common man. He will get up and go to work just the same no matter who wins. It may matter to those who are in the upper classes a bit, but even those people will hardly be affected by the outcome.

Now congressional elections do matter and until those who are in power now are replaced, little will change. It's time we got back to the founder's intentions that our representatives be businessmen and not the professional politicians who now occupy the offices. I really think it's time for term limits in the house and senate.

Will it happen? No. And for good reasons. Who makes the laws? You got it, congress. Why should they vote to limit their power. Until a shakeup occurs in congress, we will see little changes in the way this country is run.

Just my thoughts on the subject for what it's worth, and it wasn't worth me taking the time to vote today so I guess it's not worth much at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment