Monday, November 14, 2016

What am I up to tonight?

Not much. Had a fairly busy weekend, with a trip to Vevay to see mom honored at her church along with 3 other 90 year old seniors. Then they had their once-a-month dinner afterwards which was also nice. I was kind of wore out after all that so I went to bed last night about 10 and didn't get up until 10 this morning! My sleep habits lately have been less than consistent, so I was due to catch up. LOL

Also got to see my sister and most of her children while at church yesterday. That was really nice as I had not seen her since she broke her leg and was in the nursing home. She was looking pretty good and the kids all seemed to be well.

To my surprise, my son and his family also showed up, so it was a really good family day. Everyone has such busy lives these days it is truly great when we all get together. It didn't seem as important when I was working, but now that I'm retired I can see much more clearly just how important it is.

The trip down and back home was made much more pleasant by the company of my two granddaughters, Lexi and Kylie. They don't get to come over as much these days so it always fun to see and talk with them. In less than two years, Lexi will be off to college and Kylie the year after that, so I won't have much chance to see them after that.

I did get a couple of packages in the mail today. One them actually arrived on Saturday, but I was unable to get it out of the mailbox parcel locker. The key would go in, but it would not turn. I called the post office this morning and they told me the carrier would get it out when she came. I was a little surprised when she knocked on my door a short time later with not one, but two packages! Always fun to get packages in the mail.

One package contained a small multi-meter which needed repair from a YouTube friend in Michigan. He also sent me some other switches and cables, etc. that will be useful in my shop. The other package was also from a YouTube friend in Ohio. He sent me a couple of nice microphones to use with the karaoke machine I had gotten for free some time ago. He said one works and the other doesn't, so that will be featured in a future repair video.

Almost 10 PM here, so guess that is enough for tonight. Doubt I will go to bed right away, but I usually retire to my room about this time to win a game of Solitaire on the computer in my room before I go off to dreamland. Nite, nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment