Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Waiting... is the hardest part

Good afternoon world, I'm sitting here in my living room, freezing my tuchas off (My body has not acclimated to cold weather yet), waiting for a package by way of the United Parcel Service. This particular package has taken what seems like forever to get here. I bought this item on eBay a full 7 days ago (November 16th), and it is just now scheduled for delivery today.

I realize this was sent economy shipping (UPS Ground), but it seems to me it was almost purposely delayed along it's journey. As you can see by the graphic insert, it took almost 5 full days to get from California to Illinois. I don't know what kind of mule train UPS uses, but that seems a bit slow. Then it sat in Illinois 26 1/2 hours waiting for it's trip across to Indianapolis. A 200 mile trip that took almost 4 1/2 hours. Google says the trip should take 3 hours and 12 minutes, but I will admit this was not a bad time considering the package had to be scanned, loaded, transported, unloaded and scanned again. Anyone familiar with expressway driving knows the UPS semi drivers don't waste much time. 😃

I suppose it all boils down to being impatient when you are waiting for something to arrive, in this case I think it was somewhat justified. But then I've had packages delayed by any and all of the package delivery services, including my beloved USPS. 

I think my foul mood stems from other sources as well, YouTube video watching has dropped off significantly, no doubt due to the holiday season. Speaking of that, I did produce one yesterday worth a chuckle or two of me singing. If you are brave enough you can check that out here: You asked for it

Well it's now 1:22 PM and it's still not here. Now it's a contest between UPS and the weather. Rain is moving into the area as we speak. Would be nice to have it here before the rain, but I suppose a few drops of moisture won't hurt it much. Sometimes the drivers don't like to leave a package when it is raining hard so then I would have to get up and go to the door when he comes and I don't want to do that either. Man I am in a foul mood. LOL

Well I was hoping to cap this off with a picture of the item when I opened it, but that's not gonna happen. Guess you will have to wait for the next time I decide to write more here or if you follow my YouTube channel you will surely see it before then. Have a great day you all and a very happy Thanksgiving holiday as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment