Saturday, July 1, 2017

What's happening in July?

Guess I've been too busy lately to type anything here. Making videos, providing transportation to our newest job recipient (Lexi) and just all around living in general. Yes Lexi got a job at the local Arby's restaurant about the time school was out for the summer. She absolutely loves working there, at least for the time being. It seems the longer one works at almost any job, the less they are lovin' it. LOL

I've been busy in the shop as well, currently building a power supply for an AM transmitter kit that I recently put together. The power supply is a regulated 12 volt DC and should be finished sometime this weekend. I made it out of an old 12 volt lamp transformer and put it in an old computer power supply case. I do plan to paint it, but haven't decided on a color yet.

Also went to my rheumatologist yesterday in Greenwood, IN. Had a good time being with granddaughters Jordan and Kylie, as well as great granddaughter Lainee. After the doctor visit we ate at the Skyline Chili near there and had desert at Cold Stone Creamery. Man was that some good eats!

 Also assembled another power supply kit recently that I bought at Banggood. Main reason I bought it was it's price. Hard to find electronics kits that cheap. Plus I will use it with the breadboard that I got off eBay sometime back. I have started a BB series on my channel for playing around build circuits that might possibly be useful on the bench. First one was on voltage doublers and that was done in preparation for another bench project coming up.

The other project I'm talking about is adding one more panel to my variac output besides the AC (0-150 Volts) and the low voltage DC (0-50 Volts) that I recently added. As you can see in the picture,


the outputs are clearly marked and the DC panel is on the left and AC on the right. A recent addition to the AC panel is the addition of binding posts for those times I need to use some low voltage AC for projects on the bench. The last addition of outputs from the variac will be a voltage doubler which will add higher voltage DC (0-400 Volts) for testing old radio circuits for leakage. When that is finished, that will complete my original plans for the variac output.

That's enough for now, maybe I'll be back again in another 6 months or so. :)

1 comment:

  1. ... its price ...

    it's (contraction of it is)
    its (possessive pronoun)

    ReplyDelete