Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hot enough for you?

Every time we have to endure a heat wave for an extended period, we all start out talking about how hot it is.  Then as time goes on and the heat continues, our bodies adjust and before you know it, it's not quite as bad as it was at first.
One thing I have noticed, now that I'm in my fifties, the body doesn't adjust as easily as it used to.  Of course this perhaps evens out a bit by the fact that older people are usually colder than the younger set.  At least that is the case with me.
I guess my point is that young or old, rich or poor, we all have to put up with the heat to a certain degree (pardon the pun).  I suppose those who work in an air conditioned office or building don't really notice it quite as much as those who are out in it all of the time.  Of course those who are out in it all of the time get used to it, so I suppose it evens out somewhat.
In any case, I do know one thing for certain.  I hear it constantly from those I talk to out and about.  Everyone can't wait for fall to get here so we can get a break from the heat.  Of course these are the same individuals who last winter couldn't wait for spring to get here so it would warm up!  I guess you just can't please some people...

No comments:

Post a Comment