Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Power Of Exercise

I'm probably the least likely person to be talking about this subject, but with the NYC trip coming up, I felt the need to get out and walk a bit yesterday.  I thought surely a walk around the courthouse square would be about half a mile, but then I measured with the car and it was only a quarter mile!  But I did walk about it twice, so I made it a half mile altogether.  I could have made it around twice more easy which would have been a mile.  BTW, that is how far it is to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.

The surprising part was how much better I felt after the brisk walk.  My knee has been hurting for several days from arthritis, and after walking a short time I didn't even notice it any longer.  But I did have a restless night with some aches and pains I have not felt in awhile.

I plan to do this every evening after the sun goes down to give myself a fighting chance to walk around NYC without so much pain.  And besides, with my present weight loss plan, it can't help but benefit that as well!

Update:  Just got done with 4 times around (1 mile), not too bad at all, I'm ready for NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment