Sunday, June 27, 2010

How lazy are you?

To the people who read this and know me, you know how much of an expert I am on this subject, so no need to explain that.  For the rest of you, just take my word for it, I'm an expert on the subject of laziness, and in fact may be the true king when it comes to being lazy!
The reason I ask this question pertains more to the thing I am not so lazy at, computers, or more accurately, discussing computers and how to make them do what you want them to do.  This may be the key to that answer I seek, as I am not so lazy at things I enjoy doing.
In doing the thing I enjoy, I come across a lot of folks who are lazy when it comes to doing legwork.  And by that I mean simply they would just post a question in a forum on how to do something rather than  spending 5 minutes on Google looking up the answer for themselves.  (I've done that myself a few times, I am the king of lazy after all!)
In any case, since I've been active running a Hackintosh forum and starting threads on Insanely Mac, among others, I have become aware of how frustrating it is when others appear to be so lazy.  So I guess this begs the question; Is this how I appear to people who think I am lazy?  Hmmm, maybe now we are getting somewhere.
Now I'm beginning to understand why people who visit my house have a dumbfounded look on their faces, they think I'm lazy!  When in fact, as we have discovered, I'm not lazy at everything, just the things I don't like to do.  Wow, that is a true revelation, all these years people have called me lazy and it turns out it's not totally true!
Now we know what the problem is, how do we go about fixing selective laziness?  Or better yet, do we need to fix it?  My solution has always been to pay someone else to do the things I don't like to do.  But sometimes I'm too lazy at hiring someone to do it, so how to I fix that?  I think that has more to do with my procrastination, but that is another blog topic for sure.
It is fairly obvious, selective laziness seems to be a national problem.  It comes from living in a free society and stems from the fact that we have the means and ability to act this way.  We have menial jobs in the economy that Americans no longer want to do, so people who aren't really a part of this society are more than happy to do them.
I guess my point to all of this is that people are all different.  Just because you don't like to do this or that, doesn't mean you don't excel at something else.  Most of us in our lives have met or seen someone who appears at first to be an idiot, but then we discover that person is truly a genius.  Don't be too quick to judge people, after all, when it comes down to it, they are no different than you...

No comments:

Post a Comment